Are you looking for concise, practical answers to questions that are often left unanswered by traditional IBS references that are not designed for gastroenterologists? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for complicated cases or patients with complications that need management? Curbside Consultation in IBS: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick and direct answers to the thorny questions commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between colleagues.
Dr. Brian E. Lacy has designed this unique reference, which offers expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly associated with IBS. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to IBS with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Numerous images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate the treatment of IBS patients.
Some of the questions that are answered:
• How can you safely and effectively diagnose IBS? Are diagnostic tests required, and if so, what are they?
• What should I tell my patient about the natural history of IBS? What other disorders are commonly found in IBS patients?
• What dietary interventions will help my patient?
• What is the role of probiotics in my patient? Why do they work and are they all the same?
• Are there new therapies for IBS? What about antibiotics? What is linaclotide and why might it help my patient?
Bonus Material: With each new book purchase, gain full access to a fully searchable website for 3 months. At the website you will be able to:
- Access all 49 questions and answers from the book
- Access additional questions added each month
- Access video clips to supplement the material presented in the book and online
- Submit your own suggested questions and/or questions and answers
- Suggest alternate answers to the 49 questions
- Submit your own images and video content
Curbside Consultation in IBS: 49 Clinical Questions provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert advice that even high-volume clinicians will appreciate. Gastroenterologists, fellows and residents in training, surgical attendings, and surgical residents will benefit from the user-friendly and casual format and the expert advice contained within.
GET IT FREE HERE